- 13660 County Home Rd.
- Bowling Green, OH 43402
- PH: 419.352.0967
MUSEUM & GIFT SHOP HOURS:
- Monday - Friday: 10 AM - 4 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 1 PM - 4 PM
- Individual (age 13-64): $7
- Senior (65+), Veteran, Military, Student: $6
- Youth (age 6-12): $3
- Youth (age 5 & under) & WCHS Members: FREE
- Call ahead for group and school tour rates
2019 Holiday Closures:
- Tue. Jan. 1 - New Years Day Observed
- Mon. January 21 - Martin Luther King Day
- Mon. February 18 - Presidents Day
- Sun. April 21 - Easter
- Mon. May 27 - Memorial Day
- Thur. July 4 - Independence Day
- Mon. September 2 - Labor Day
- Mon. Oct. 14 - Columbus Day
- Mon. Nov. 11 - Veterans Day
- Th. Nov. 28 & Fr. Nov. 29 - Thanksgiving
- Tue. Dec. 24 & wed. Dec. 25 - Christmas
- Tue. Dec. 31 2019 & Wed. Jan. 1 2020 - New Years
- Please call ahead in winter months.
The museum may be closed during inclement weather.
- Free First Friday - June 7. Sponsored by the BG Convention & Visitors Bureau. Museum open 10 AM - 4 PM.
- Power of Yesteryear Farm & Tractor Show - June 8 & 9. FREE Demonstration Days with a tractor show, kiddie pedal pull, and fun for all ages from 10 AM - 4 PM. FREE Museum Admission 1-4 both days.
- Tea & Talk - June 13. Ruth Herndon from the BGSU Dept. of History talks about how poor children in the 18th & 19th centuries survived with assistance from the New England almshouse. Lucheon starts at 2 PM with program immediately following. RSVP
- Jacob A. Riis: How the Other Half Lives - exhibit opens June 16 - August 11
- Amateur Radio Field Day - June 22-23. Free event as part of the Demonstration Days. Witness how "ham radio" can help serve the emergency communication needs of Wood County, sponsored by the Northwestern Ohio Tractor Pulling Association.
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HISTORY
- With a donation to the Wood County Historical Society, you can keep our county legacy alive and thriving.
- A tax-deductible donation can go a long way in preserving history.
- Become a member of the Historical Society
- Volunteer as a tour guide docent, for an event, or museum greeter.
- Find locally-made treasures in the County Home Gift Shop for that unique Ohio-proud gift.
THE LYLE FLETCHER ARBORETUM
- Use this guide to walk the grounds of the Historical Center and identify trees in the Lyle Fletcher Arboretum.
WOOD COUNTY DRIVING TOUR
- The Wood County Driving Tour has 32 tracks about many county landmarks, people, and forgotten histories. Listen Now
Wood County Historical Society's quarterly publication[ Spring 2019 issue now online ]