- 13660 County Home Rd.
- Bowling Green, OH 43402
- PH: 419.352.0967
MUSEUM & GIFT SHOP HOURS:
- Monday - Friday: 10 AM - 4 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 1 PM - 4 PM
- Individual (age 13-64): $7
- Senior (65+), Veteran, Military, Student: $6
- Youth (age 6-12): $3
- Youth (age 5 & under) & WCHS Members: FREE
- Call ahead for group and school tour rates
2019 Holiday Closures:
- Tue. Jan. 1 - New Years Day Observed
- Mon. January 21 - Martin Luther King Day
- Mon. February 18 - Presidents Day
- Sun. April 21 - Easter
- Mon. May 27 - Memorial Day
- Thur. July 4 - Independence Day
- Mon. September 2 - Labor Day
- Mon. Oct. 14 - Columbus Day
- Mon. Nov. 11 - Veterans Day
- Th. Nov. 28 & Fr. Nov. 29 - Thanksgiving
- Tue. Dec. 24 & wed. Dec. 25 - Christmas
- Tue. Dec. 31 2019 & Wed. Jan. 1 2020 - New Years
- Please call ahead in winter months.
The museum may be closed during inclement weather.
Wood County Historical Society Annual Campaign
Celebrate our 150th birthday by showing support for your local history museum. We need you now more than ever because this place matters!
- Click here to make a tax-deductible donation
- Become a member of the Historical Society
- Volunteer as a tour guide docent, for an event, or museum greeter.
- Find locally-made treasures in the County Home Gift Shop for that unique Ohio-proud gift.
AUGUST & SEPTEMBER EVENTS
- We are a Blue Star Museum! Free admission for active-duty military personnel and their families (includes National Guard and Reserve) until September 1.
- WOOD COUNTY LIVING HISTORY DAY
August 25, 2-4 PM | Historical Center Paupers' Cemetery | flyer
First-person interpretations of those buried in the Wood County Paupers' Cemetery.
Sponsored by the BG Kiwanis.
- Free First Friday | September 6
Free Museum Admission (10 AM - 4 PM) sponsored by the BG Convention & Visitors Bureau. See the 2019 feature exhibit For Comfort & Convenience and the traveling exhibit Jacob A. Riis: How the Other Half Lives (closes August 11).
- Tea & Talk : URBAN WELFARE IN SUMMIT COUNTY | September 12, 2-4 PM
Eric Olson from the University of Akron shares the operations of the Summit County Poor Farm. Luncheon starts at 2 PM with program immediately following. RSVP required. Sponsored by Lynn & Betty Wineland.
- Smithsonian Museum Day | September 21, 1-4 PM
Free admission to the Wood County Historical Museum and many other museums and cultural institutions around the nation.
Wood County Historical Society's quarterly publication[ Summer 2019 issue now online ]
THE LYLE FLETCHER ARBORETUM
- Use this guide to walk the grounds of the Historical Center and identify trees in the Lyle Fletcher Arboretum.
WOOD COUNTY DRIVING TOUR
- The Wood County Driving Tour has 32 tracks about many county landmarks, people, and forgotten histories. Listen Now