- 13660 County Home Rd.
- Bowling Green, OH 43402
- PH: 419.352.0967
MUSEUM & GIFT SHOP HOURS:
- Monday - Friday: 10 AM - 4 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 1 PM - 4 PM
- Individual (age 13-64): $7
- Senior (65+), Veteran, Military, Student: $6
- Youth (age 6-12): $3
- Youth (age 5 & under) & WCHS Members: FREE
- Call ahead for group and school tour rates
2019 Holiday Closures:
- Tue. Jan. 1 - New Years Day Observed
- Mon. January 21 - Martin Luther King Day
- Mon. February 18 - Presidents Day
- Sun. April 21 - Easter
- Mon. May 27 - Memorial Day
- Thur. July 4 - Independence Day
- Mon. September 2 - Labor Day
- Mon. Oct. 14 - Columbus Day
- Mon. Nov. 11 - Veterans Day
- Th. Nov. 28 & Fr. Nov. 29 - Thanksgiving
- Tue. Dec. 24 & wed. Dec. 25 - Christmas
- Tue. Dec. 31 2019 & Wed. Jan. 1 2020 - New Years
- Please call ahead in winter months.
The museum may be closed during inclement weather.
- We are a Blue Star Museum! Free admission for active-duty military personnel and their families (includes National Guard and Reserve) until September 1.
- Photography Enthusiasts Demonstration Day | FLYER | Press Release
July 27, 1-4 PM
Bring your camera and enjoy lighting and composition tips from photographer Denny Walston, followed by hands-on sessions around the Historical Center. FREE but please RSVP to 419-352-0967 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsored by the Northwestern Ohio Tractor Pulling Association.
- Wood County Fair
July 29 - Auguat 5
If you would like to represent the Historical Society at our Fair Booth at the Fine Arts Building, please sign up online HERE!
You can pick up your fair ticket and volunteer packet at the museum starting in mid-July.
- Tea & Talk
COMFORT IN INDIANA
August 8, 2-4 PM
The sites, structures, and treatment promoted by the Indiana State Board of Charities encouraged humane care for poor adults, orphaned children, and insane persons. Presented by James Glass, Historic Preservation & Consulting LLC. Lucheon starts at 2 PM with program immediately following. RSVP required. In Memory Of Florence Ennis & Nancy Hammon.
Wood County Historical Society Annual Campaign
- Join us on FACEBOOK July 15-31 to see our new video segments, history fun facts, and great give-aways.
- Click here to make a tax-deductible donation
- Become a member of the Historical Society
- Volunteer as a tour guide docent, for an event, or museum greeter.
- Find locally-made treasures in the County Home Gift Shop for that unique Ohio-proud gift.
Celebrate our birthday, support local history, and get some great gifts to show everyone that this place matters!
MAKE A DIFFERENCE - JOIN THE BOARD!
- Applications are now being accepted to join the Wood County Historical Society Board of Trustees.
Applications are due August 15, 2019.
Picture here: 2019 board members Hal Brown, Judy Ennis, and Frank Butwin.
THE LYLE FLETCHER ARBORETUM
- Use this guide to walk the grounds of the Historical Center and identify trees in the Lyle Fletcher Arboretum.
WOOD COUNTY DRIVING TOUR
- The Wood County Driving Tour has 32 tracks about many county landmarks, people, and forgotten histories. Listen Now
Wood County Historical Society's quarterly publication[ Spring 2019 issue now online ]