- 13660 County Home Rd.
- Bowling Green, OH 43402
- PH: 419.352.0967
MUSEUM & GIFT SHOP HOURS:
- Monday - Friday: 10 AM - 4 PM
- Monday - Friday: 10 AM - 4 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 1 PM - 4 PM
- Individual (age 13-64): $7
- Senior (65+), Veteran, Military, Student: $6
- Youth (age 6-12): $3
- Youth (age 5 & under) & WCHS Members: FREE
- Call ahead for group and school tour rates
2020 Holiday Closures:
- Wed. Jan. 1 - New Years Day Observed
- Mon. January 20 - Martin Luther King Day
- Mon. February 17 - Presidents Day
- Sun. April 12 - Easter
- Mon. May 25 - Memorial Day
- Fri. July 3 - Independence Day Observed
- Sat. July 4 - Independence Day
- Mon. September 7 - Labor Day
- Mon. Oct. 12 - Columbus Day
- Wed. Nov. 11 - Veterans Day
- Th. Nov. 26 & Fr. Nov. 27 - Thanksgiving
- Th. Dec. 24 & Fri. Dec. 25 - Christmas
- Th. Dec. 31 2020 & Fri. Jan. 1 2021 - New Years
- The Museum is closed on weekends from Dec. 26 - Jan. 31.
- Please call ahead in winter months.
The museum may be closed during inclement weather.
2020 EVENTS & EXHIBITS
- UTOPIA: A Visual Storytelling of Our Home
February 1 - Exhibit opens
February 21 - Ribbon Cutting & Artist Meet & Greet
- FOR COMFORT & CONVENIENCE: Public Charity in Ohio by way of the Poor Farm
Exhibit open February - December
- CARL & MARY BACH: A 21st Century Perspective
Opens May, 2020
This exhibit looks at the evolution of domestic violence and social services 150 years later.
- FREE FIRST FRIDAY
Free Admission on the First Friday of each month | 10 AM - 4 PM
- DEMONSTRATION DAYS
Hands-on demonstrations at the blacksmith shop, oil derrick, log cabin, and more. Free event | Free museum admission
- TEA & TALK SERIES
Monthly programs to highlight Wood County's unique 200 years. Includes a luncheon and museum admission. Reservations required.
BE A MUSEUM SUPPORTER!
- Celebrate our 150th birthday by showing support for your local history museum! We need you now more than ever because this place matters!
- Click here to make a tax-deductible donation
- Support the Historical Society each time you use PayPal. It's so easy!
Learn more about PAYPAL CHARITIES.
- Become a member of the Historical Society
- Find locally-made treasures in the County Home Gift Shop for that unique Ohio-proud gift.
JOIN OUR TEAM AS A VOLUNTEER
- We are looking for volunteers to help with tours, events, and special projects. Call the museum at 419-352-0967 to sign up today, or check our online SIGNUP page for upcoming opportunities.
CELEBRATE WOOD COUNTY'S BICENTENNIAL
- In 2020, Wood County will commemorate its bicentennial with celebratory events and a collection of memories. See more at Wood County 200.
Wood County Historical Society's quarterly publication[ Winter 2020 issue now online ]
- Our newest exhibit: Utopia: A Visual Storyteling of Our Home
- Curious Curator
- Learning About WWI History with Mike McMaster
- Tech Talk on Museum's Creature Count
- 2019 Overview
THE LYLE FLETCHER ARBORETUM
- Use this guide to walk the grounds of the Historical Center and identify trees in the Lyle Fletcher Arboretum.
WOOD COUNTY DRIVING TOUR
- The Wood County Driving Tour has 32 tracks about many county landmarks, people, and forgotten histories. Listen Now