- 13660 County Home Rd.
- Bowling Green, OH 43402
- PH: 419.352.0967
MUSEUM & GIFT SHOP HOURS:
- Monday - Friday: 10 AM - 4 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 1 PM - 4 PM
- Individual (age 13-64): $7
- Senior (65+), Veteran, Military, Student: $6
- Youth (age 6-12): $3
- Youth (age 5 & under) & WCHS Members: FREE
- Call ahead for group and school tour rates
2019 Holiday Closures:
- Tue. Jan. 1 - New Years Day Observed
- Mon. January 21 - Martin Luther King Day
- Mon. February 18 - Presidents Day
- Sun. April 21 - Easter
- Mon. May 27 - Memorial Day
- Thur. July 4 - Independence Day
- Mon. September 2 - Labor Day
- Mon. Oct. 14 - Columbus Day
- Mon. Nov. 11 - Veterans Day
- Th. Nov. 28 & Fr. Nov. 29 - Thanksgiving
- Tue. Dec. 24 & wed. Dec. 25 - Christmas
- Tue. Dec. 31 2019 & Wed. Jan. 1 2020 - New Years
- Please call ahead in winter months.
The museum may be closed during inclement weather.
Paupers' Cemetery Dedication
- Join us April 6, 2-4 PM, in the Paupers' Cemetery as we dedicate a monument listing the names of all those buried there.
- Invitation Details | Donate to the Paupers' Cemetery Dedication & Monument
Blacksmith Open Forge Demonstration Day
- April 6, 9 AM - 2 PM in the Boomtown Area, Wood County Historical Center Join the Northwest Ohio Blacksmiths for their annual open forge Demonstration day out at the Blacksmith Shop in the Boomtown area of the Wood County Historical Center. FREE Family Event. Museum open 10-4 PM with free admission. More about Demonstration Days
Support Preservation for Generations
- With your support to the Wood County Historical Society, we can keep our county legacy alive and thriving. Details on Giving Campaigns and Donating to the Collection Become a member of the Historical Society Become a volunteer
The OHIO HISTORY FUND helps Wood County
- By making a contribution to the Ohio History Fund on your next tax return, you are investing in the future of the Wood County Historical Museum! This program provides grant funding to state and local historical agencies like ours.
- In 2018, this grant program helped us with our collections storage initiative thanks to donors like you! [ OHIO HISTORY FUND DETAILS ]
Wood County Historical Society's quarterly publication[ Winter 2019 issue now online ]
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HISTORY
- SHOP NOW at the County Home Gift Shop for unique gifts from local artists, crafters, authors, and foodies. Gift Shop open Monday - Friday 10 AM - 4 PM, Saturday & Sunday 1 - 4 PM
- VOLUNTEERS are needed for weekend door greeter, tour docents, and special events. All volunteers are paired with staff and training is provided. [SIGN UP HERE]
WOOD COUNTY DRIVING TOUR
- The Wood County Driving Tour has 32 tracks about many county landmarks, people, and forgotten histories. Listen Now
VOTED BEST HOME TOWN - TWICE!
- Bowling Green is celebrating its second win as Ohio Magazine's Best Hometown. Read more about our vibrant communtiy here.