- FEBRUARY 1 - DECEMBER 1, 2018:
- Monday - Friday: 10 AM - 4 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 1 PM - 4 PM
- $5 adult
- $1 child age 10 & under
- FREE for WCHS Members
2018 Holiday Closures:
- Mon. Jan. 1 - New Years Day Observed
- Mon. January 15 - Martin Luther King Day
- Mon. February 19 - Presidents Day
- Sun. April 1 - Easter
- Mon. May 28 - Memorial Day
- Wed. July 4 - Independence Day
- Mon. September 3 - Labor Day
- Mon. Oct. 8 - Columbus Day
- Sun. Nov. 11 - Veterans Day
- Mon. Nov. 12 - Veterans Day (observed)
- Th. Nov. 22 & Fr. Nov. 23 - Thanksgiving
- Dec. 2, 2018 - January 31, 2019 - Museum closed for new exhibit installation
- Dec. 24-25 - Offices closed for Christmas
- Tues. Jan. 1, 2019 - Offices closed for New Years Day
- Please call ahead in winter months.
The museum may be closed during inclement weather.
ROARING 20s GALA FUNDRAISER
Saturday, December 1, 6-9 PM
- Get your tickets now for $55 ($60 after Nov. 15). Live music, a 20s inspired menu of hors d’oeuvres, cocktails, and mocktails, and a silent auction fundraiser - glass art from the Toledo Museum of Art, a behind-the-scenes magic lesson with Andrew Martin, a zamboni ride courtesy of the Toledo Walleye, and many items locally grown, distilled, and made right here in Wood County.
More about the Gala and Ticket Info
- Volunteers needed too! Sign up at SignUp.com
BG HOLIDAY PARADE
Saturday, November 17, 9:50 AM-Noon
- “Chuck” the Historical Society Fire Truck will again take his place at the BG Holiday Parade thanks to Tom Pendleton and Voices of Harmony. The parade starts at 9:50 AM on Saturday, November 17 in Downtown BG. If you would like to volunteer as a parade helper, sign-ups are here or call the BG Chamber at 419-353-7945.
TEA & TALK SERIES
December 6 & 13, 2 PM
The Pleasures of the Journey: Passenger Ships Sailing the Great Lakes w/ Ellen Kennedy, National Museum of the Great Lakes
Coco to Deco: Fashions of the 1920s and 1930s w/ Marian Zengel, BGSU Family & Consumer Sciences [ more ]
- 25% OFF
EVERYTHING!* *excluding consignment items
- 50% OFF all World War I items
- Saturday November 24 & Sunday, November 25
Shop Small Saturday and Museum Store Sunday
Shop the unique museum gift shop to support local as you start to tackle that holiday shopping list. See new products and specials.
- The Wood County Park District has opened an archery range at the Wood County Historical Center. From the museum, take Route 6 east, turn right (south) on Huffman Road, turn right (west) on Linwood Road, then follow until you see the entrance. There is also a walking bridge from the museum across the Portage River to the range.
- Park District Website
- Support the preservation efforts of the Wood County Historical Society for future generations. Details and Campaigns.
VOTED BEST HOME TOWN - TWICE!
- Bowling Green is celebrating its second win as Ohio Magazine's Best Hometown. Read more about our vibrant communtiy here.
Your Opinion Matters
- Take a moment after your visit to leave us feedback about your experience on TripAdvisor. We are currently ranked as the #2 thing to do in BG, but you can help us make it to #1.
You can also take our Museum Visitor Survey to help us improve the visitor experience.