Follow us on FaceBook
See pix of the Folklore & Funfest
and weddings on the grounds.
7 more likes to reach 500!
NEW 2014 Tour Season:
April 5 - December 19, 2014
Tues - Fri 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Sat - Sun 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Closed Mondays & Holidays*
Mon, Oct. 13 - Columbus Day
Tue, Nov. 11 - Veteran's Day
Th, Nov 27 & Fr Nov 28 - Thanksgiving
Dec. 20-31 - Christmas
Closed January - March 2015 as we prepare for the 2015 tour season and the Accessibility Project.
Please call regarding Museum business or rentals.
13660 County Home Rd
Bowling Green, OH 43402
I-75 to exit 179. Go East on Rt. 6 (towards Fremont). Turn Right on County
I-75 Road Construction Update
$5 adult / $1 child suggested donation.
* * * * *
* * * * *
AUTUMN 2014 CHANTICLEER NEWSLETTER
get an ad in the Chanticleer
and on our website
The Wood County Historical Center & Museum is managed jointly by the Wood County Commissioners James F. Carter, Joel Kuhlman, and Doris Herringshaw, Ed.D; the Wood County Historical Society; and the Wood County Park District.
Plans to widen I-75 between June 2014 - June 2015 may impact your route. Visit the ODOT website for Northwest Ohio's latest road conditions, or call the Museum to inquire about alternative routes.
Need a lift to the Museum?
Bowling Green offers a variety of taxi services. Just check with the BG Convention & Visitors' Bureau
||PASSPORT TO BG
Visit one or all of the 14 participating attractions and businesses in Bowling Green to receive a special offer and a stamp. Collect stamps to be eligible for a great prize package. Sponsored by the Bowling Green Convention & Visitors Bureau.
ASYLUM: Inside the Closed World of State Mental Hospitals
Photography exhibit by Christopher Payne
On exhibit now through December 19, 2014
* Please note that this exhibit is located on the 2nd floor and the Museum is not handicap accessible at this time.
CHASING THE WHITE RABBIT: An Historical Look at American Mental Illness
Inside the Lunatic Asylum
FRIGHTFULLY FUN FOLKLORE EVENTS [more]
Throughout October, enjoy a variety of events suitable for all ages, brought to you by the Wood County Park District and the Wood County Historical Museum.
TOURS STILL AVAILABLE FOR FRIDAY NIGHT FOLKLORE TOUR! 419-352-0967 to make a reservation.
Download a flyer to hang up or forward to friends!
- OCT 5, 6, & 14 - Folklore Tour Guide Training
- OCT 6 & 7 - Scarecrow making workshop & competition
- OCT 9 - Creatures of the Night Tea, 7 PM
- OCT 16 - Pumpkin carving workshop
- OCT 17 & 24 - Friday Night Folklore Tours
- OCT 18 - Halloween Folklore & Funfest, 4-9 PM, FREE
HOLIDAY GALA [more]
December 5, 6:00-8:00 PM
Evening Activities • Make Reservations
OLD HOME HOLIDAY MEMORIES : CHRISTMAS TOUR
December 6 - 19, 2014
- Self-guided tours Mon-Tue-Wed 10am - 5 pm
- Thr-Fri 10 am - 8 pm
- Sat-Sun - 1-4 pm
- "Immersive Experience" remembering the residents of the former County Poor House
- Holiday Teas - Dec. 11 & 18, 2 PM [make reservations]
- Activities on select dates & times include a visit from Santa, kids' crafts, and more [more]
- $5/adult, $1 children. Special admission for Gala and Teas.
||BE AN ADVOCATE FOR OHIO HISTORY
Ohio State Representative Tim Brown shares tips on how to talk to your legislators about issues that are important to you.