1,000 REASONS TO VISIT
- The Wood County Museum will open for self-guided tours beginning Monday, July 6 [ Hours of Operation ] including a new exhibit featuring rarely seen objects and over 1,000 photos from the Wood County Historical Society collection.
SEE MORE EXHIBITS including the current outdoor porch exhibit "Kitchen Confidential."
OUR COVID-19 INFORMATION HERE
Feel free any time to contact the museum at 419-352-0967 or email@example.com
PRESERVE OUR RICH AND UNUSUAL HISTORY
- YOUR SUPPORT IS NEEDED MORE NOW THAN EVER
- During these unsettling times, the Wood County Museum is working hard to bring the museum to you through social media, web resources, and a beautiful 50-acre park where you can get fresh air and maintain social distancing. We are, however, facing a major loss in visitation revenue due to this crisis, revenue that funds our educational outreach through programs and exhibits.
- Making a tax-deductible donation to the Annual Campaign is an investment in these services so that we can continue to preserve our rich and unusual history and tell your story.
- You can also become a member of the Historical Society to show your support.
Wood County Historical Society's quarterly publication[ Summer 2020 issue now online ]
- People, Places, & Things
- Join the Historical Society Board
- Supporters of the Carl & Mary Bach Story
- Behind the Videos
- Tim Buckenmyer talks about his Birthday Fundraiser
Join our email list for periodic updates on Museum Musings
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- If you would like to be considered for the WCHS Board of Directors, please complete an application and submit by August 15, 2020.
MUSEUM EXHIBITS AVAILABLE ANYTIME
A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH: Societal Response to DiseaseLearn more about the pandemics that came before COVID-19. Hand-washing and social distancing of the last hundred years. VIEW THE ONLINE GALLERY
CHASING THE WHITE RABBIT: An Historical Look at American Mental IllnessFollow the misconceptions and advancements in mental health. VIEW THE ONLINE GALLERY
UTOPIA: A Visual Storytelling of Our HomeThese images tell the stories of what makes Wood County so special, and remind us of the beauty that surrounds us every day. VIEW THE ONLINE GALLERY and purchase a print in support of the Historical Society.
WOOD COUNTY (non)DRIVING TOUR (audio)Take an audio trip around Wood County with stories about Devil's Hole Road, the Great Black Fire of North Baltimore, the Legacy of Edward Ford, and much more. LISTEN NOW
PORCH EXHIBITS!Visit the Historical Museum to stroll the beautiful grounds and stop to view our new series of Porch Exhibits! On exhibit now: Kitchen Confidential.
SNEAK PEEK VIDEO
ENJOY THE GROUNDS
- The 50-acre museum grounds are open to the public daily 8 AM until 30 minutes past sunset and are maintained by the Wood County Park District. We welcome guests to walk the grounds and enjoy the beautiful natural and historic sights.
• Identify trees in the Lyle Fletcher Arboretum
• Wood County Park District Archery Range
• Walking Trails and Grounds
COOL TEES FOR WARM WEATHER
Museum and Bicentennial T-shirts on sale now
- Show your museum pride with our newest t-shirt featuring our new museum brand (visible from 6-feet away!) Poly/Cotton blend fitted tees are $20 and showcase the unique museum porch railings. Buy more than one and send a gift to someone far (or near). 100% of the proceeds benefit the Wood County Historical Society.
SEE MORE GIFT SHOP SPECIALS
Wood County Bicentennial apparel on sale now until July 24.
CELEBRATE WOOD COUNTY'S BICENTENNIAL
- Throughout 2020, Wood County commemorates its bicentennial with celebratory events and a collection of memories. See more at Wood County 200.
- Do you know someone whose daily actions make the Wood County community a better place? Nominate them for a Spirit of Wood County Award.
- Show your Wood County pride with Wood County custom apparel.
Online Store open until July 24!
Your Opinion Matters
- How can we improve? Please take this short SHARE YOUR VISION survey.
- Take a moment after your visit to leave us feedback about your experience on TripAdvisor. We are currently ranked as the #2 thing to do in BG, but you can help us make it to #1. You can also take our Museum Visitor Survey to help us improve the visitor experience.
WE WELCOME YOU BACK
- Support has been provided by Ohio Humanities, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the federal CARES Act of 2020