SUPPORT PRESERVATION for GENERATIONS
Your support of the Wood County Historical Society will help preserve, interpret, and share Wood County and Ohio treasures for future generations. You can choose to support an upcoming exhibit or become an event sponsor, invest in the Society Endowment Fund, or support daily operations such as free public programs or educational tours.
A one-time or on-going monetary donation will support Wood County's charge as a community leader in education, awareness, and as our county's time capsule. The Wood County Historical Society strives to care for your memories using the highest level of professional standards so future generations can know YOUR stories.
The Wood County Historical Society is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code for 1984, as amended. In accordance with IRS regulations, no goods or services are provided by the WCHS as part of this contribution. Please consult your tax adviser regarding the charitable deduction involved in this transaction and the manner of reporting and substantiating the gift.
BECOME an EVENT SPONSOR
As an event sponsor, you receive extensive PR showing your support of local history. Contact Development Coordinator Barb Hayden for details and packages available.
Review our Sponsorship Form
DONATE ITEMS to the SOCIETY COLLECTION
The success of the Historical Society is due in part to donations from our community. All applications are reviewed by the WCHS Collections Committee and Curator, and if we cannot accept your item, we work closely with other historic and preservation entities to find the best home for your donation.
The process begins with a conversation. Contact the museum to discuss your donation with the Curator. Have handy the following details:
Please review our Collections Policy before contacting the Museum.
- Ownership Genealogy (current owner, previous owners)
- Do you have an obituary or any biographical information for a previous owner?
- Geography of item (where did it come from? Wood County or Ohio connection?)
- What is the item and what was it used for?
- Please provide a photo of the item, and any additional photos of previous owners or the item in use.
- Desirable items (Wood County focus preferred): popular culture, business signage or items, school & alumni, textiles/clothing.
- Holly Hartlerode
- 419.352.0967 Ext. 105