COLLECTIONS STORAGE CAMPAIGN
Great exhibits begin with ideas, and those ideas come from the donations on behalf of community members. The Wood County Historical Society strives to care for your memories using the highest level of professional standards so future generations can know YOUR stories.
Please join us by participating in our 10 for $10,000 campaign. If 1,000 supporters donate just $10.00 (or more!) for collections care, we can install museum quality storage units.
DONATE to the SOCIETY COLLECTION
The success of the Historical Society is due in part to donations from our community. All applications are reviewed by the WCHS Collections Committee and Curator, and if we cannot accept your item, we work closely with other historic and preservation entities to find the best home for your donation.
The process begins with a conversation. Contact the museum to discuss your donation with the Curator. Have handy the following details:
Please review our Collections Policy before contacting the Museum.
- Ownership Genealogy (current owner, previous owners)
- Do you have an obituary or any biographical information for a previous owner?
- Geography of item (where did it come from? Wood County or Ohio connection?)
- What is the item and what was it used for?
- Please provide a photo of the item, and any additional photos of previous owners or the item in use.
- Desirable items (Wood County focus preferred): popular culture, business signage or items, school & alumni, textiles/clothing.
- Holly Hartlerode
- 419.352.0967 Ext. 105
Join us at the top of the stairs as the Historical Museum is now accessible to everyone. A financial contribution to the Accessibility Campaign will continue to support the elevator and other accessibility amenities. The Wood County Infirmary (now the Museum) was abandoned as the County Home in the 1970s due to limitations for those with physical disabilities.
The Wood County Historical Society is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code for 1984, as amended. In accordance with IRS regulations, no goods or services were provided by the WCHS as part of this contribution. Please consult your tax adviser regarding the charitable deduction involved in this transaction and the manner of reporting and substantiating the gift.