WE CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU!
- Donate to the Wood County Historical Society
- Preservation is a gift we give to one another. It lies within the stories and traditions that are handed down generation after generation through recipes, photographs, diaries, and personal mementos that remind us of the joys and hardships of our ancestors. We embrace these stories, and create new ones to keep building our history.
- Our history is the future.
Support to the Wood County Historical Society helps give voice to our story. Your gift will help us capture those precious memories and share them with generations.
2019 Annual Campaign
- Wood County Historical Society General Fund
- When you support the Wood County Historical Society, you are supporting the immediate needs of collections preservation, exhibit development, education, events, and daily operations. The Historical Society, founded in 1955, is a 501(c)3 non-profit, upholding the mission to make connections between our past, present, and future by capturing stories and cultivating memories of Wood County, Ohio, and the County Home.
- Please show your support this summer with a contribution to the Society’s Annual Campaign using our secure PayPal portal. We also invite you to follow us on FaceBook for the latest updates on museum activity, prize give-aways, and, of course, historical fun facts!
Choose your level and donate now
Thank you annual campaign donors!
- The Society’s endowment fund is a way to ensure continued growth. It is structured so that the principal amount is kept intact, while some of the investment income is released annually.
- The Society created an endowment in 1998 and has used the interest to fund internship positions and a curatorial registrar, to revamp the museum website, and other internal operations consistent with the Society’s mission and strategic plan.
- With your support, endowment fund interest can help with the development and maintenance of permanent and traveling exhibits, collections preservation, educational outreach, and volunteer services.
- You can recognize the Wood County Historical Society as a beneficiary in a will, life insurance policy, annuity, or other planned giving. Bequests can support the society’s daily operations or be earmarked to an area that supports your personal legacy.
If you are considering the Historical Society for this type of giving, let us know! You will inspire others to do the same.
For more information about planned giving, contact your legal or financial advisor or the Historical Society Development Coordinator at 419-352-0967 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download a PLANNED GIVING WORKSHEET
- This isn’t in reference to that awkward Christmas moment, but rather the generous support of a corporation to match the contributions of its employees.
Ask your Human Resource Coordinator if your place of employment offers matching gifts, then make your contribution count twice as much.
- FIND OUT IF YOUR COMPANY QUALIFIES or ask your HR representative.
BECOME AN EVENT SPONSOR
- Learning is fun when it’s wrapped into a lively event or program, and with your sponsorship support, our events, and your message, can reach a greater target audience.
- For more information about sponsorship opportunities, contact Barb Hayden, Historical Society Development Coordinator, at 419-352-0967 or email@example.com
- Events & Programs
- Educational Outreach
- Exhibits & Collections for 2019/2020
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT THE HISTORICAL SOCIETY
- Memorial Gifts
- Any gift to the Wood County Historical Society can be made in recognition or memory of a loved one. Memorial funds have supported the Tea & Talk Series, Barn Bums, Boomtown, Exhibits & Collections, and Accessibility.
You can donate online and leave an "in memory of" note on your payment, or send a check to the Historical Society.
- Members to the Historical Society receive a variety of perks while also furthering the Society's mission.
Join or Renew
Join the Board of Directors
- Invest in the Society by sharing your leadership and expertise. The WCHS Nominating Committee is now seeking candidates for the November election.
Donate to the collection
- Share your story through your objects. Start a conversation with the Museum Curator for details on how to craft your story. All considerations are brought before the WCHS Collections Committee. If we cannot accept a donation, we try to work with you to find its place in history.
Contact the Curator Holly (Hartlerode) Kirkendall
419-352-0967 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wood County Historical Society
13660 County Home Road
Bowling Green, OH 43402
Barb Hayden, Development Coordinator
419-352-0967 | email@example.com
The Wood County Historical Society is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code for 1984, as amended. In accordance with IRS regulations, no goods or services are provided by the WCHS as part of this contribution. Please consult your tax advisor regarding the charitable deduction involved in this transaction and the manner of reporting and substantiating your gift.