- The Museum is easy to find:
Take I-75 to exit 179, go EAST on Rt. 6 about a quarter mile, then turn RIGHT onto County Home Road. Museum will be on your left.
In Town: Take Main Street (south) to Rt. 6 (east/left), then turn RIGHT onto County Home Road. Museum will be on your left.
From BGSU: Take Wooster Street (east) towards Meijer, turn RIGHT onto Dunbridge Road (which becomes County Home Rd), cross Rt. 6. Museum will be on your left.
COVID-19 UPDATE: The Museum will re-open to the public on Monday, July 6. [DETAILS]
MUSEUM & GIFT SHOP HOURS
- Beginning Monday, July 6:
Regular Museum and Gift Shop hours are Monday - Friday 10 AM to 4 PM and weekends 1-4 PM. Museum tours are self-guided.
- JANUARY 2021:
The Museum and Gift Shop hours are weekdays only: Monday - Friday 10 AM to 4 PM.
- County Holidays:
The Museum and Gift Shop are closed on County Holidays
- The grounds are a public park and are open daily 8 AM until 30 minutes past sunset.
- Individual (age 13-64) - $7
- Senior (65+), Student w/ valid ID, Veteran, or Active-duty Military - $6
- Youth (age 6-12) - $3
- Youth (age 5 & under) & WCHS Members - FREE
- Group tours (20 people or more) - $5 (bus driver free) *please call ahead
- School/Educational Tours - $2/student, $5/adult (bus driver free) *please call ahead *Please call ahead for large groups, school tours, or special needs. The museum is handicap accessible. Limited wheelchairs available courtesy of Bowling Green Manor/Bowling Green Care Center
*Free admission during special events and promotions such as Demonstration Days or First Fridays.
HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE FACILITIES
- The Museum is handicap accessible with an elevator, handicap restrooms, and ample parking in the visitor lot as well as behind the museum (south side). The south elevator entrance is also behind the museum.
- ARTICLE: Wood County Historical Museum Fully Accessible to the Public, BG Independent Media, January 2017
- Limited wheelchairs available courtesy of Bowling Green Manor/Bowling Green Care Center.
- Pictured: 2017 Elevator Ribbon Cutting. Photo courtesy of Hal Brown.
- While we do accept walk-ins for self-guided tours, please call ahead for large groups, school tours, or special needs.
- Group tours (20 people or more) - $5 (bus driver free)
- School/Educational Tours - $2/student, $5/adult (bus driver free)
- Self-guided tour of the original Wood County Poor Farm (Infirmary) including the Paupers' Cemetery, Lunatic Asylum, Pestilence House, and Ice House
- Many events and activities throughout the year
- Revolving exhibits to inspire discussion about today's connection with the past.
- Visit the County Home Gift Shop for cool historical books, local art and foods, and great gift items. WCHS Members get 10% off gift shop purchases (excluding sale and consignment). Monthly specials and frequent buyer cards available.
- Ample indoor and outdoor meeting spaces available to rent for a wedding, shower, party, or business meeting
- Beautiful grounds for photographers and class project settings. Tag us on FaceBook #WoodCountyMuseum