The Museum is easy to find: take I-75 to exit 179, go EAST on Rt. 6 about a quarter mile, then turn RIGHT onto County Home Road.
Museum & Hours
The Museum is open for self-guided tours Monday - Friday 10 AM to 4 PM and weekends 1-4 PM. The Museum is closed on County Holidays (see home page for dates). The grounds are a public park and are open daily 8 AM until 30 minutes past sunset.
Admission is $5 per adult, $1 for children age 10 & under, and free for members of the Wood County Historical Society. Free admission is also available during special events and promotions.
Handicap Accessible Facilities
The Museum is handicap accessible with an elevator, handicap restrooms, and ample parking in the visitor lot, as well as behind the museum (south side). The south elevator entrance is also behind the museum.
While we do accept walk-ins for self-guided tours, please call ahead for large or special needs groups.
What You Will See:
- Tour the original Wood County Poor Farm (Infirmary) including the Paupers' Cemtery, Lunatic Asylum, Pestilence House, and Ice House.
- Many events and activities throughout the year
- Award-winning exhibits including the 2017 feature on Wood County's role in WWI
- Visit the County Home Gift Shop for cool historical books, local art and foods, and great gift items. WCHS Members get 10% off (excluding sale and consignment).
- Ample indoor and outdoor meeting spaces avialable to rent for a wedding, shower, party, or business meeting.
- Beautiful grounds for photographers and class project settings.
Things To Do